Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Confess

When I started this blog one of my intentions was to increase accountability in my efforts to provide more nutritional, healthy lunches for my kids.

So, here I am, being accountable, and confessing that my kids had Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli for lunch today.

The only reason Chef Boyardee was in my pantry to begin with was that it was part of our "emergency" supply of canned goods.

In my defense, it contains a full serving of vegetables and is not extremely high in calories.

Also, in my defense, I was sick all day yesterday with a stomach virus, which destroyed my plans for having leftover chicken to use in preparing today's lunch.

Ironically, of all the things I've made in the past couple of weeks, this scored the lowest on our kid rating. My oldest said that the healthy food just tastes better now. I say that's an accomplishment!

Kid Rating: 2 Thumbs Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggers love comments! Please share your thoughts!