Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tortellini Salad

This recipe is inspired by a Tortellini Salad that I had the pleasure to enjoy recently at a small church gathering. I'm not certain of the calorie or fat content in the original recipe, but I set out to make this a healthy version.

9 ounces frozen cheese tortellini, cooked and chilled (I ran mine under cold water for a few minutes to cool it off quickly)
8 ounces of 2% cheese, cut into cubes
10 ounces of turkey breast (I had the lady at the deli cut me a thick slice--about 3/4 of an inch--of turkey breast, which I cut into chunks)
olives (I used about 15 olives--use more if you love olives, less if you hate them)
15 grape tomatoes cut into halves
1/3 cup of light Italian dressing (I used Kraft Light House Italian)

Combine all ingredients, give it a gentle toss, and enjoy :)

I used SparkRecipes.com to calculate the nutritional info on this one. The recipe makes about six 1 cup servings. Each cup has about 320 calories and 18 grams of fat. It was a little higher in fat than I expected, I think next time I'll figure out how to cut it down even further. I enjoyed it, but my kids had mixed feelings. They really didn't like the saltiness of the olives.

Kid Rating: 3 Thumbs Up

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy and I love olives so it would be just right. Hope you're having a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Bloggers love comments! Please share your thoughts!